Occupational Therapist Responsibilities:
- Conducting physical and psychological assessments of clients and developing or following a treatment plan.
- Assessing home and work environments of clients and deciding what adjustments are needed.
- Advising on adaptive equipment to help clients with daily activities.
- Developing physical rehabilitation programs to help clients regain lost skills.
- Preparing clients for a return to work.
- Educating caregivers and family members of clients on patient care.
- Evaluating results and progress of occupational therapy on clients.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and the technical progress in order to provide clients with the best treatment program available.
- Complying with federal, state, and local certification requirements.
- Evaluating patient condition regarding physical and basic mental health.