Occupational Therapist Assistant Responsibilities:
- Evaluating the living skills and capabilities of physically, developmentally, and emotionally disabled patients.
- Assisting in the selection of activities and the development of treatment plans to help patients to function independently.
- Observing, monitoring, and recording patients’ progress, attitudes, and behavior, providing feedback to superiors, and recommending changes to their treatment plans.
- Maintaining a positive attitude towards patients and the treatment programs.
- Instructing patients and their families in-home programs, basic living skills, and the care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Helping patients with dressing and grooming, and using specially designed hairbrushes and cosmetic applicators.
- Performing basic administrative tasks, such as answering phones and making appointments.
- Performing routine tasks, such as helping patients perform stretches and teaching patients to use specific equipment.
- Using a variety of tools and equipment, such as special lifts or pulleys to move patients.
- Designing, making, and repairing assistive devices and making changes to equipment and environments.